[kisoron-ml] JAIST Logic Seminar Series

Hajime Ishihara ishihara at jaist.ac.jp
Sat Oct 26 11:14:17 JST 2013

皆様

University of Liverpool のDavide Grossi 教授の講演を 開催いたします。
どうぞふるってご参加ください。

問い合わせ先:
佐野勝彦
北陸先端科学技術大学院大学 情報科学研究科
e-mail: v-sano at jaist.ac.jp

* JAIST Logic Seminar Series *

Date: 1st November October, 2013, *15:30*-

Place: JAIST, Collaboration room 6 (I-57g)
(Access: http://www.jaist.ac.jp/english/location/access.html)

Speaker: Davide Grossi (University of Liverpool)

Title: Interfaces between Epistemic Logic and Abstract Argumentation

Abstract: In this talk I will explore some connections between the
theory of abstract argumentation and epistemic logic. In the first
part I will propose an analysis of solution concepts from abstract
argumentation in terms of dynamic epistemic logic. In the second part
I will sketch a two-dimensional logic for the analysis of
argument-based beliefs. All in all, the aim of my talk will be to lay
some bridges between these two (apparently) very different approaches
to the formalization of knowledge.

--
Professor Hajime Ishihara
School of Information Science