[logic-ml] Kobe Kolloquiun on Logic, Statistics and Informatics

Sakae Fuchino fuchino at isc.chubu.ac.jp
Mon Dec 5 10:20:57 JST 2011

We announce the following talk in Kobe Colloquium on Logic, Statistics and
Informatics:

Date and time: Dec. 12, 2011 (Mon.), 15:10 -- 16:40
Place: Presentation Room of "Fuchino Group"
on the 4th Floor of Science and Technology Research Building 3 (Shizenkagakutou Sangokan)
(see: http://www.kobe-u.ac.jp/en/access/rokko/campus.htm)

Speaker: Professor Dr. Peter Vojtas
         (Department of Software Engineering of the Charles University in Prague)

Title of the talk: Soundness and completeness of fuzzy Prolog/Datalog.

Abstract:

We start with using user preference search as a motivation for
a many valued (fuzzy) model of Prolog/Datalog/Querying. We mention
problems of classical approach with refutation and clausal rules. We
base our semantics on implicative rules and many valued modus ponens. We
prove soundness and completeness of our semantics. We discuss also
clausal approach and fuzzy resolution.

--
best regards                                    Saka\'e Fuchino (渕野 昌)
Kobe University

                   e-mail: fuchino at diamond.kobe-u.ac.jp
                   web page: http://kurt.scitec.kobe-u.ac.jp/~fuchino/