[logic-ml] Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic (the 1st announcement)

Hiroakira Ono ono at jaist.ac.jp
Tue Jan 17 15:58:48 JST 2012

                           Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic

                                  http://www.jaist.ac.jp/rcis/awpl/

"Asian Workshop on Philosophical Logic"  will be organized by Research
Center for Integrated
Science (RCIS), Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
(JAIST) and held at the
Ishikawa Hightech Ceter near JAIST from 15th to 17th February, 2012.
Originally, the Workshop
was planned to be held in March of the last year.

Our aim is to promote mutual understandings among researchers on logic
working in Asian
countries, and to establish closer collaborations in future. The scope
of the Workshop will cover:

      philosophical logic, non-classical logics, algebraic logic, and
their applications in
      computer science and cognitive science

The following is a preliminary list of speakers:

      Phan Minh Dung (Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok)
      Shier Ju (Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou)
      Xin Li (JAIST, Ishikawa)
      Fenrong Liu (Tsinghua University, Beijing)
      Hu Liu (Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou)
      Yutaka Miyazaki (Osaka University of Economics and Law, Osaka)
      Katsuhiko Sano (JAIST, Ishikawa)
      Takahiro Seki (Niigata University, Niigata)
      Kaile Su (Griffith University, Queensland)
      Wen-fang Wang (National Yang Ming University, Taipei)
      Chin-mu Yang (National Taiwan University, Taipei)
      Xishun Zhao (Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou)

During the Workshop, we will have a special session of discussions on
future collaborations,
in particular on research, education and exchange of researchers in
our region.

The workshop will start from the morning of 15th February and will end
in the afternoon of 17th.
We welcome your participation in both talks and discussions from all
areas and all levels, but ask
to inform us if possible in advance of your participation.

Organizing Committee

Hiroakira Ono            ono at jaist.ac.jp
Norbert Preining       preining at jaist.ac.jp

Research Center for Integrated Science
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Nomi, Ishikawa, 923-1292 Japan