[logic-ml] JAIST Logic Seminar Series

Takayuki Kihara kihara at jaist.ac.jp
Mon Apr 15 15:01:57 JST 2013

皆様

北陸先端科学技術大学院大学の木原貴行です.

JAIST Logic Seminar Seriesのお知らせです.

問合せ先:
木原 貴行
北陸先端科学技術大学院大学 情報科学研究科
e-mail: kihara at jaist.ac.jp

* JAIST Logic Seminar Series *

Date: Friday 26 April, 2013, 15:00-17:00

Place: JAIST, Collaboration room 7 (I-56)
(Access: http://www.jaist.ac.jp/english/location/access.html)

Speaker: Dr. Arno Pauly (University of Cambridge)

Title: Synthetic Descriptive Set Theory

Abstract: Typically, (effective) descriptive set theory is viewed as a
study of classes of discontinuous / uncomputable functions. Inside the
theory of represented spaces though, we can consider the same concepts
as special cases of continuity/computability. Using category-theoretic
language, an abstract and unifying framework is achieved that allows
very simple formulations and proofs corresponding closely to various
fundamental results in descriptive set theory.

* The seminar is held as a part of the EU FP7 Marie Curie Actions
IRSES project COMPUTAL (http://computal.uni-trier.de/).