[logic-ml] Computability in Europe 2013

Akitoshi Kawamura kawamura at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Mar 28 11:55:54 JST 2013

皆様

東京大学の河村です
いつもお世話になっております

以前御案内させて頂きました欧洲計算可能性会議CiE 2013(7月1〜5日ミラノ)は
このほど査読を経た採録論文が発表されましたが
これとは別に論文なしの講演(Informal Presentation)を5月末まで募集致します
http://cie2013.disco.unimib.it/
詳細は下記またはウェブ頁を御覧下さい
御発表や参加を検討頂ければ幸いです

--
河村彰星
東京大学大学院情報理工学系研究科コンピュータ科学専攻

 COMPUTABILITY IN EUROPE 2013: The Nature of Computation
                     Milan, Italy
                   July  1 - 5, 2013
               http://cie2013.disco.unimib.it

CALL FOR INFORMAL PRESENTATIONS

There is a remarkable difference in conference style between computer
science and mathematics conferences. Mathematics conferences allow for
informal presentations that are prepared very shortly before the conference
and inform the participants about current research and work in progress. The
format of computer science conferences with pre-conference proceedings is
not able to accommodate this form of scientific communication.

Continuing the tradition of past CiE conferences, this year's CiE conference
endeavours to get the best of both worlds. In addition to the formal
presentations based on our LNCS proceedings volume, we invite researchers to
present informal presentations. For this, please send us a brief description
of your talk (between one paragraph and one page) by the DEADLINE:

MAY 31, 2013

Please submit your abstract electronically, via EasyChair
<https://www.easychair.org/login.cgi?conf=cie2013>, selecting the category
"Informal Presentation".

You will be notified whether your talk has been accepted for informal
presentation usually within a week after your submission.

If you intend to apply for the ASL Student Travel Award, you might need us
to confirm that your are going to give a presentation at CiE 2013
(applications of students who are presenting get higher priority).
Therefore, we would like to ask you to submit your informal presentations by
26 March so that we can send you the notification before the ASL deadline of
1 April 2013.

GRANTS:

Grants for students, members of the ASL:

The Association for Symbolic Logic <http://www.aslonline.org  has decided
to sponsor some students that are ASL members and willing to attend CiE2013.
The eligible students may apply for ASL travel funds that are available for
sponsored meetings, see http://www.aslonline.org/studenttravelawards.html
for detailed instructions on the application process. Applications should be
received at least three months prior to the conference.

Elsevier

Under the name Elsevier Women in Computability (WiC), the publisher Elsevier
(more precisely, the journals 'Annals of Pure and Applied Logic' and
'Theoretical Computer Science') is continuing the programme 'Increasing
representation of female researchers in the computability community'
originally funded by the Elsevier Foundation (2008-2010).

This programme will fund the WiC workshop at CiE 2013, with the traditional
WiC dinner for workshop participants afterwards, and offer up to four grants
with modest support (up to 200 EUR) for junior female researchers to attend
CiE 2013. Every registered junior female researcher is eligible to apply.
Preference will be given to researchers who present a paper (contributed
paper or informal talk).

Applications should contain a short CV (max 1 page) and contact information
for an academic reference. The application should be sent to Mariya Soskova
<msoskova at gmail.com <http://msoskova@gmail.com > before the deadline of
April 1, 2013.

EACTS Students

The European Association for Theoretical Computer Science has decided to
sponsor all students that are EATCS members and willing to attend CiE2013.
The early registration fee for EATCS students is 30 cheaper than the one
for non-members.