[logic-ml] Talk by Mingsheng Ying, Friday next week (Feb 7)

Ichiro Hasuo ichiro at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Jan 29 15:59:56 JST 2014

Dear colleagues,

Next week on Friday we have a talk by Prof. Mingsheng Ying
(UT Sydney & Tsinghua). He visits us on the occasion of the
PhD defense of Takahiro Kubota (http://hagi.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tk/)
which is on the same date, 13:00-15:00 in the same room.

Feel free to join us. See you there!

Best regards,
Ichiro Hasuo
http://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/?plain=false&lang=en&pos=seminar

------------------------------

Fri 7 February 2014, 16:30-18:00

Mingsheng Ying <http://quantum-lab.org/mingsheng/> (University of
Technology Sydney & Tsinghua University)
Reachability Analysis of Quantum Markov Chains

理学部7号館2階 214教室   Room 214, School of Science Bldg. No. 7

アクセス: https://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/indexj.html (一番下)
Access: http://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ (see bottom)

The talk will be based on our Concur'12 and Concur'13 papers, which study
verification of quantum systems, including quantum programs, modelled by
quantum Markov chains (qMCs). We consider three kinds of long-term
behaviour, namely reachability, repeated reachability and persistence, of
qMCs. As a stepping-stone, we introduce the notion of bottom strongly
connected component (BSCC) of a qMC and develop an algorithm for finding
BSCC decompositions of the state space of a qMC. As the major contribution,
several (classical) algorithms for computing the reachability, repeated
reachability and persistence probabilities of a qMC are presented, and
their complexities are analysed.