[logic-ml] Kobe Colloquium on Logic, Statistics and Informatics, January 27 (Monroe Eskew)

Joerg Brendle brendle at kurt.scitec.kobe-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 25 21:59:25 JST 2015

Kobe Colloquium on Logic, Statistics and Informatics

以下の要領でコロキウムを開催します。

日時:2014年1月27日(火)13:20-14:50
講演者:Monroe Eskew (筑波大学)
場所:神戸大学自然科学総合研究棟3号館4階421室(プレゼンテーション室)

題目:
A global version of Chang’s conjecture

アブストラクト:
In the 80s, Foreman showed the consistency of (aleph_{n+1},aleph_n) —>>
(aleph_{m+1},aleph_m) holding simultaneously for all natural numbers n > m,
starting from a 2-huge cardinal.  He asked whether a global version of
Chang’s conjecture is consistent.  We answer this, showing that it is
consistent from the same hypothesis that for all pairs of regular cardinals
mu < kappa, (kappa^+,kappa) —>> (mu^+,mu).  The method uses a relatively
simple forcing iteration, and it answers some technical questions raised by
Shioya.  We also discuss some related issues about singular cardinals.

交通:阪急六甲駅またはJR六甲道駅から神戸市バス36系統「鶴甲団地」
行きに乗車,「神大本部工学部前」停留所下車,徒歩すぐ.
http://www.kobe-u.ac.jp/info/access/rokko/rokkodai-dai2.htm