[logic-ml] Nagoya Set Theory seminar

吉信 康夫 yosinobu at math.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Thu Dec 15 16:12:10 JST 2016

みなさま:

吉信@名古屋大学情報科学です。

重複して受け取られた方はご容赦ください。

下記の要領で名古屋集合論セミナーを開催します。奮ってご参加下さい。

日時:12月22日(木)15:30-17:00
場所:名古屋大学大学院情報科学研究科棟322号室
講演者:Franklin D. Tall (トロント大学)
題目:Definable versions of Hurewicz’ conjecture
アブストラクト:
A topological space is Menger if, given a countable sequence of open covers,
there is a
finite selection from each of them, so that the union of the selections
is a cover. The Menger property lies strictly between \sigma-compactness
and Lindelofness. In 1925 Hurewicz conjectured that Menger was equivalent
to \sigma-compact in metrizable spaces. This was refuted by Chaber and Pol in
2002. However, for spaces which are in some sense "definable", the situation
is less clear. Our principal result (joint with S. Todorcevic and S. Tokgoz) is
that Hurewicz' Conjecture for projective sets of reals is equiconsistent with
an inaccessible cardinal. In general topological spaces, the situation is more
complicated, but we have a variety of similar results for co-analytic spaces,
i.e. spaces having Cech-Stone remainders which are continuous images of the
space of irrationals.