[logic-ml] Talk by Liang-ting Chen, 19 Tue Jul

Takumi Akazaki ultraredrays at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 17:05:04 JST 2016

Dear colleagues,

Dr. Liang-Ting Chen,  postdoc. in University of Hawaii at Manoa will visit
us next Tuesday.
He is working mainly on categorical-algebraic automata theory,
and the topic of the talk is Schutzenberger Products.
His talk is scheduled on 19 Jul (Tuesday). You're all invited.

Thanks, and see you,
Takumi Akazaki

http://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/seminars.html

-----------

Tue 19 July 2016, 13:00–15:00

理学部7号館102
Room 102, School of Science Bldg. No. 7

Liang-Ting Chen <https://de.linkedin.com/in/liang-ting-chen-b5a74988>
(Dept. of Info. and Comp. Sci., University of Hawaii), Schutzenberger
Products in a Category

The Sch\"utzenberger product of monoids is a key tool for the algebraic
treatment of language concatenation. In this paper we generalize the
Sch\"utzenberger product to the level of monoids in an algebraic category 𝒟,
leading to a uniform view of the corresponding constructions for monoids
(Sch\"utzenberger), ordered monoids (Pin), idempotent semirings (Kl\'ima
and Pol\'ak) and algebras over a field (Reutenauer). In addition, assuming
that 𝒟 is part of a Stone-type duality, we derive a characterization of
the languages recognized by Sch\"utzenberger products.

--
Dept. of Computer Science

Akazaki Takumi
mail :<ultraredrays at gmail.com>