[logic-ml] Talk by Bakhadyr Khoussainov (* 7 Jun 11:00- *)

Tetsuya Sato satoutet at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jun 2 20:39:03 JST 2016

京都大学数理解析研究所の佐藤です。

来週の *火曜日*、6月7日11:00から、

オークランド大学のBakhadyr Khoussainov先生に
以下の講演をしていただくことになりましたので、
ご連絡いたします。どうぞお気軽にお越しください。

==========
Time:	11:00-12:00, 7 Jun, 2016
Place:	Rm 478, Research Building 2, Main Campus, Kyoto University
	京都大学 本部構内 総合研究2号館 4階478号室
	http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/access/yoshida/main.html (Building 34)
	http://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ja/access/campus/map6r_y.htm (34番の建物)

Speaker: Bakhadyr Khoussainov (University of Auckland)

Title:	Open questions in the theory of automatic structures.

Abstract:
In this talk, we introduce the notion of automatic structure
(defined by the speaker and Nerode). Informally, these are
infinite algebraic structures (such as graphs, trees,  groups,
linear orders) that can be presented by automata. We present
many examples, several basic results,  formulate and discuss
some open questions in the area.