[logic-ml] Talk by Georgios Fainekos on June 30

urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Jun 26 16:30:37 JST 2017

Dear all (apologies for multiple copies),

Let me advertise a talk by Georgios Fainekos on 30th June, 15:00-.
Please find the title and the abstract below. You are all invited.

Sincerely,
--
Natsuki Urabe
urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
The University of Tokyo

----------
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qrg4c8XDkbO3tmns6tQwxn5l
GHOrBON5LtHXXTpXDeA/edit?usp=sharing

Fri 30 June 2017, 15:00–17:00

NII meeting room 2010
https://www.nii.ac.jp/en/about/access/

Georgios Fainekos <http://www.public.asu.edu/%7Egfaineko/> (Arizona State
University),  Beyond Requirements Falsification : Semi-formal methods and
tools for the analysis of Cyber-Physical Systems

Correct-by-design synthesis methods for Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) are
still in their infancy for CPS with complex physical dynamics. For that
reason, a combination of design theories for simpler systems and/or ad-hoc
design approaches are utilized. Hence, numerous design and implementation
errors are discovered while CPS are operational in the field. Such errors
can have catastrophic effects to human life and to the economy. Over the
last few years, requirements guided falsification methods have proven to be
a practical approach to the verification problem of industrial size CPS.
However, requirements falsification is just one component of the necessary
tools for the development of safe and reliable CPS. In this talk, we
provide an overview of our research in providing support for all the stages
of the development for CPS, from formal requirements elicitation and mining
to system conformance to on-line monitoring. Most of our methods have been
implemented in a Matlab (TM) toolbox called S-TaLiRo (System's TemporAl
LogIc Robustness). Finally, in this talk, we demonstrate that S-TaLiRo can
provide answers to challenge problems from the automotive industry.

Bio:

Georgios Fainekos is an Associate Professor at the School of Computing,
Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering (SCIDSE) at Arizona State
University (ASU). He is director of the Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) Lab
and he is currently affiliated with the NSF I/UCRC Center for Embedded
Systems (CES) at ASU. He received his Ph.D. in Computer and Information
Science from the University of Pennsylvania in 2008 where he was affiliated
with the GRASP laboratory. He holds a Diploma degree (B.Sc. & M.Sc.) in
Mechanical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens and
an M.Sc. degree in Computer and Information Science from the University of
Pennsylvania. Before joining ASU, he held a Postdoctoral Researcher
position at NEC Laboratories America in the System Analysis & Verification
Group. He is currently working on Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) and
robotics. In particular, his expertise is on formal methods, logic, control
theory, artificial intelligence, and optimization. His research has
applications to automotive systems, medical devices, autonomous (ground and
aerial) robots and human-robot interaction (HRI). In 2013, Dr. Fainekos
received the NSF CAREER award. He was also recipient of the SCIDSE Best
Researcher Junior Faculty award for 2013 and of the 2008 Frank Anger
Memorial ACM SIGBED/SIGSOFT Student Award. Two of his conference papers
have been nominated for student best paper awards. In 2016, Dr. Fainekos
was the program co-Chair for the ACM International Conference on Hybrid
Systems: Computation and Control.