[logic-ml] Project colloquium talk by Ichiro Hasuo on 25 April

urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Apr 19 13:47:18 JST 2018

[Apologies for multiple copies]

Dear all,

Let me advertise our next ERATO MMSD project colloquium talk by Ichiro
Hasuo on 25th April, 16:00-. Please find the title and the abstract below.
You are all invited.

Sincerely,
--
Natsuki Urabe
urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
The University of Tokyo, ERATO MMSD

-----
Wed 25 April 2018, 16:00–17:00

ERATO MMSD Takebashi Site Common Room 3
http://group-mmm.org/eratommsd/access.html

Ichiro Hasuo (National Institute of Informatics <http://www.nii.ac.jp/>),
Approximating Reachability Probabilities by (Super-)Martingales

Reachability is a fundamental problem in the analysis of probabilistic
systems. It is well-known that reachability probabilities are efficiently
computed for finite-state systems by linear programming. However, this LP
method does not apply to systems that have infinitely many configurations,
such as probabilistic programs and parametric systems. In such a case, we
have to rely on a parametric witness (i.e. a function) for over- or
under-approximating reachability probabilities. A well-studied class of
such witnesses is that of supermartingales. In this talk I will talk about
our recent results that refine existing supermartingale-based methods. The
technical keys to those results are: choice of a suitable martingale
concentration lemma for over-approximation; and a categorical
axiomatization of supermartingales by coalgebras and corecursive algebras.
The talk is based on my joint work with Natsuki Urabe, Masaki Hara, Bart
Jacobs, Toru Takisaka and Yuichiro Oyabu.