[logic-ml] Project colloquium talk by Étienne André and Bart Jacobs on 1 March

urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Feb 26 13:57:34 JST 2018

[Apologies for multiple copies]

Dear all,

Let me advertise our next ERATO MMSD project colloquium talk by Étienne
André and Bart Jacobs on 1 March, 16:00-. Please find the title and the
abstract below. You are all invited.

Sincerely,
--
Natsuki Urabe
urabenatsuki at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
The University of Tokyo, ERATO MMSD

----

Thu 1 March 2018, 16:00–18:00

ERATO MMSD Takebashi Site Common Room 3
http://group-mmm.org/eratommsd/access.html

16:00–17:00

Étienne André (University Paris 13),
Parametric timed automata: theory and applications

Critical real-time systems must be formally verified to prevent any
undesired behavior. When some timing constants are known with only a
limited precision, traditional timed model-checking techniques may not
apply anymore.

We use here the formalism of parametric timed automata. Parametric timed
automata are very expressive, and decision problems are notoriously very
hard (in fact most interesting decision problems are undecidable). On the
one hand, we review decidability results, and propose new decidable
subclasses. On the other hand, we adopt a more pragmatic approach, and show
that parametric timed automata allow us to model and verify distributed
real-time systems; using the IMITATOR software, we derive best- and
worst-case execution times for a real-time system designed by Thales, and
subject to uncertainty in some tasks periods.

We also briefly report on recent techniques to speed-up the verification
time using abstractions, and on distributed parametric model checking.

17:00–18:00

Bart Jacobs (Radboud University),
Privacy and Security in Identity Management and Medical Research

This talk will given an overview of the ideas behind two practically
oriented security and privacy projects at Nijmegen, NL:

1. Attribute-based identity management via the IRMA platform, see
https://privacybydesign.foundation/en/

If interested, you can before the talk already install the IRMA app on your
(Android or iOS) phone and collect some attributes yourself.
2. Polymorphic encryption and Pseudonymisation for a large scale Parkinson
research study, see: https://pep.cs.ru.nl/