[logic-ml] ERATO Project Colloquium by Youyou Cong (16:30-18:00 on June 15th)

Jeremy Dubut dubutjeremy at gmail.com
Wed May 26 00:55:47 JST 2021

**

*Dear all,*

*

On Tuesday June 15th, Youyou Cong (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)
will give a talk, /A Tutorial on Delimited Continuations/, for our
project colloquium at 16:30-18:00. Further details can be found below.

If you would like to attend, please register through the following
Google form:

https://forms.gle/6PoGNEfJVHLYDAdKA <https://forms.gle/6PoGNEfJVHLYDAdKA>

We later send you a zoom link by an email (using BCC).

For the latest information about ERATO colloquium / seminar, please see
the webpage
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qrg4c8XDkbO3tmns6tQwxn5lGHOrBON5LtHXXTpXDeA/edit?usp=sharing
.

Jérémy Dubut (ERATO MMSD Colloquium Organizer)

Email: dubut at nii.ac.jp

-------Tuesday June 15th, 16:30-18:00

Speaker: *Youyou Cong (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan)*

Title: A Tutorial on Delimited Continuations

Abstract: Delimited continuations represent a prefix of the computation
to be performed in the future. This concept can express a wide variety
of computational effects, such as exceptions, nondeterminism, and
mutable state. The aim of this talk is to give a general idea of what
delimited continuations allow us to do. I will begin with a gentle
introduction to undelimited and delimited continuations, focusing on the
flexibility gained by delimitation. I will then present several
practical applications of delimited continuations, ranging from
probabilistic programming, to Web applications, and to automatic
differentiation. Lastly, I will discuss the theoretical aspects of
delimited continuations, including a dependent type system that enables
maintaining non-trivial invariants in the presence of control effects.
During the discussion, I would like to invite the audience to explore
possible uses of delimited continuations in their individual domains.

*