[logic-ml] Talk by Thomas Agotnes (1/23)

Koji Hasebe hasebe at cs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Jan 16 18:03:18 JST 2012

皆様、

1月23日(月)に開催されるセミナーのご案内をさせて頂きます。
どうぞお気軽にお越し下さい。

長谷部浩二@筑波大学

Date:14:00-15:00, Jan 23, 2012
Place: Room SB-911-1 (Laboratory of Advanced Research-B, 9th floor),
  Tsukuba-campus, University of Tsukuba
    http://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/english/access/tsukuba_access.html
    http://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/english/access/map_central.html

  (筑波大学 筑波キャンパス,総合研究棟B,9階,911-1号室)
    http://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/access/tsukuba_access.html
    http://www.tsukuba.ac.jp/access/map_central.html

Speaker: Thomas Ågotnes, Department of Information Science and Media Studies, University of Bergen

Title: Group Announcement Logic

Abstract:
Public announcement logic is used to reason about the epistemic pre- and post-conditions of actions in the form of public announcements. In the talk I will present Group Announcement Logic (GAL), an extension of public announcement logic with constructs (well known from coalition logic) of the form <G>phi, where G is a group of agents. In GAL, the meaning of <G>phi is that there exists an announcement that the members of G can jointly and truthfully make, and after that announcement is made public phi will be true. After introducing GAL I will discuss how it can be used to express properties such as "there is a sequence of truthful public announcements by agents in G, after which phi is true"; the distinction between "agent i knows *that* phi can be achieved by a public announcement" and "agent i knows *how* phi can be achieved by a public announcement"; and meta-logical properties such as axiomatization, expressivity and the complexity of the model checking problem. The talk is based on joint work with Philippe Balbiani, Hans van Ditmarsch and Pablo Seban.