[logic-ml] Talk by Bakhadyr Khoussainov on automatic structures, Friday next week (1 Nov)

Ichiro Hasuo ichiro at is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Oct 22 12:30:59 JST 2013

Dear all,

Friday next week we have Bakhadyr Khoussainov from
University of Auckland visiting us in U Tokyo and making a talk
on automatic structures (NB. automaton -> automatic).
No registration needed. See you there!

Best regards,
Ichiro Hasuo
http://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/?plain=false&lang=en&pos=seminar

______________________________

Fri 1 November 2013, 10:30-12:00

Bakhadyr Khoussainov (U. Auckland),
An excursion from computable to automatic structures

理学部7号館地下 007教室 (いつもの1階の部屋ではありません)
Room 007 (underground floor), School of Science Bldg. No. 7

アクセス: https://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/indexj.html
Access: http://www-mmm.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/

In this talk we introduce two classes of structures: computable structures and
automatic structures. We present several examples, theorems, research topics
in the areas, and discuss their motivations, proofs and importance.
The goal will
be to make a transition from computable to automatic structures with an eye
towards decidability. We also give some historical perspective.