[logic-ml] CSセミナーin桐生

Fujita Kenetsu fujita at cs.gunma-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 16 12:56:48 JST 2016

(* Apologies for any cross-postings. *)

皆様,

講演会のご案内です.

http://www.cs.gunma-u.ac.jp/~fujita/research/20160229Seminar.html

どうぞお気軽にお立ち寄りください.

問い合わせ先:
群馬大学 藤田 憲悦

+++ Computer Science Seminar in Kiryu +++

Programme

Monday, February 29, 2016

14:00—15:30  Lecture room J3 (the building no. 6),
  Kiryu campus, Gunma University

“Automating the First-Order Theory of Rewriting for Left-Linear
  Right-Ground Rewrite Systems”

Professor Aart Middeldorp (University of Innsbruck, Austria)

Abstract:
The first-order theory of rewriting is decidable for finite left-linear
right-ground rewrite systems. We present a new tool that implements the
decision procedure, which is based on tree automata techniques, for this
theory. The tool offers the possibility to synthesize rewrite systems that
satisfy properties that are expressible in the first-order theory of
rewriting. In the talk, which is based on joint work with Franziska Rapp,
we explain the decision and synthesis algorithms and demonstrate the tool.
No knowledge of term rewriting is assumed.

Access to Kiryu campus, Gunma University:
http://www.st.gunma-u.ac.jp/other/14.html

Map of Kiryu campus:
http://www.st.gunma-u.ac.jp/other/13.html

For more information, please contact at the following \beta-normal form:
    (\lambda X. fujitX at cs.gunmX-u.Xc.jp)a

(Ken-etsu Fujita, Gunma University).